We’re so excited you’re interested in the Modern Homesteading Conference 2023! We can’t wait to welcome you, below are the details:
Kootenai County Fairgrounds at 4056 N Government Way, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815
Conference Tickets & Pricing
- All tickets provide access to all speakers, vendors, demonstrations, food trucks, and Friday night concert by Rory Feek. They do not include the VIP amenities or VIP dinner.
- General Admission price $149 for 1 person (children 2 and under are free). Children tickets $49 – ages 3 to 17 years old (must be 17 or younger on June 30th/July 1st, 2023). General Admission Family Passes are $399 (2 adult tickets, 5 to 10 children tickets). (There will be live butchering demonstrations and other demonstrations that may or may not be child friendly (depends on each family), but neither the conference staff nor volunteers are responsible for your children. There are no children’s tracks, activities, or child care offered at the conference.
- VIP Admission $399 (SOLD OUT), includes regular ticket perks PLUS special parking closer to the entrance, a special Saturday night dinner with the speakers INCLUDING a special performance and storytelling by Rory Feek. Conference t-shirt and other special items.
- Conference tickets are for both days and are NON-REFUNDABLE. General Admission price is $149 for 1 person (children 2 and under are free), Children’s General Admission tickets are $49 (ages 3 to 17), General Admission Family Passes are $399 (2 adult tickets, 5 to 10 children tickets) and VIP Admission is $399.
- Will I be mailed a physical copy of my tickets? No, you will not. All tickets are virtual and will be received via email to you for download. We will scan your downloadable tickets at the gate and provide you with a wristband. If it’s easier for you to have a physical copy on conference day, please print them off and present them at the gate.
- The conference will be held rain or shine. No refunds are allowed.
- There is no additional charge for parking.
- Golf cart shuttles will be available for those who need them from the parking areas to the front entrance.
- VIP ticket holders can park in a designated area closer to the entrance. VIP parking passes may NOT be purchased separately, but one parking pass per VIP ticket purchase will be included.
- We do not allow overnight parking.
Times & Gates
Gates open at 7:00 am PT for parking and entering the conference. Opening ceremonies start at 8:30 am PT. The first speakers starts at 9:00 am PT and the last speaker ends at 4:30 pm PT. The concert will start at 5:30 pm PT on Friday night.
FOOD / VENDORS
- Food trucks and vendors will be on-site offering a variety of menu items.
- We will have water stations available throughout the conference so you don’t have to stand in line at food trucks for water, but bring cash as these stations won’t accept credit cards.
- Attendees will be allowed to bring their own food and beverages throughout the conference. Note: bags and coolers are subject to staff checks for prohibited items at will. You may bring a small hand-pulled wagon if you wish, there is NO place to store belongings. Anything you don’t wish to carry, leave in your vehicle.
- Picnic tables will be available in designated areas.
- The festival is held at Kootenai County Fairgrounds and is located in Coeur d’Alene.
- The address is: 4056 N Government Way, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815
- The closest major airport is the Spokane International Airport (GEG / KGEG) 40 miles from Coeur d’Alene, ID.
LODGING – rooms and AirBnB/Verbo’s will quickly fill up, book early!
- La Quinta Inn : 333 W Ironwood Dr, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 | (208) 286-1224
- SPRINGHILL SUITES BY MARRIOTT : 2250 W. Seltice Way Coeur d Alene, ID |(208) 667-2212
- Hampton Inn : 1500 W Riverstone Dr, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 | (208) 769-7900
- Holiday Inn Express : 2300 West Seltice Way , Coeur D’Alene, Idaho 83814 | 888 465 4329
- Coeur d‘ Alene Best Western Plus : 506 West Appleway Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 | 800-251-7829
- The Coeur d’ Alene Resort : 115 S. 2nd Street Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814 | (855) 280-4398
- The Roosevelt Inn : 105 East Wallace Avenue, Coeur d’Alene, ID, 83814 | (866) 238-4218
- Bardenay 1710 W Riverstone Dr. Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
- Cosmic Cowboy Grill 412 W Hayvcraft Ave, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815
- Tomato Street Italian Restuarant 221 W Appleway Ave, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
- Fisherman’s Market & Grill 215 W Kathleen Ave, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815
- Angelo’s Italian Restaurant Steakhouse & Seafood 846 N 4th St, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
- MacKenzie River Pizza, Grill & Pub 405 W Canfield Ave, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83815
- Capone’s Pub & Grill 751 N 4th St, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
- There are 28 full RV hook-ups at the Fairgrounds (note reservations and all information are through THE FAIRGROUNDS). The campground includes full (Water, Sewer, and Electrical) hookups and pull-through spaces. FREE Showers and restrooms are available. No WIFI at RV Park. The RV park entrance is 482 E. Dalton Ave. between Government Way and 4th Street. Click here to make your reservation.
- For RV Park-related questions, call 208-763-5519. When making your reservation, please double-check the year you have made a reservation. If it is not available, then they are fully booked.
- My question isn’t listed here, who should I contact? Emailing us at [email protected]
- Will I receive a physical ticket in the mail? No, it will be delivered by email. If you’ve purchased your ticket and not received the confirmation email, please email [email protected] (also check the spam and/or promotions tab).
- Will the event be canceled or moved due to inclement weather? The event will be held rain or shine. Attendees should dress accordingly.
- Can I leave the fairgrounds and still get back in? Attendees with a valid wristband will be allowed to re-enter.
- What is the schedule for the conference? The conference schedule will be made available about 4-6 weeks prior to the event. Be sure you’re subscribed to our email list for notifications, including the schedule, new speakers, and/or workshop announcements).
- How do I volunteer? Fill out the volunteer form located here.
- How do I become a sponsor or vendor? To become a sponsor fill out this form (which includes a vendor spot). To become a vendor fill out this form.
- Will the speakers offer an opportunity for a meet and greet or photo opportunities? Some speakers will do so. We will include this info in the schedule section as it becomes available. But all speakers will be around before and after their talk (and most throughout the day) to say hello.
- Can I bring my dog? Dogs are not allowed due to the presence of livestock and the nature of our demos. Service animals are allowed.
- Should I bring cash? The vendors and food trucks will accept credit cards, but the internet can be slow and as homesteaders, we still love cash. For faster transactions, consider bringing some cash (and there will be A LOT of cool things you’ll want to purchase to add to your homestead) and oftentimes exclusive conference specials.
- Drugs and alcohol are PROHIBITED and conference staff and security reserve the right to inspect bags and purses.
- NO unapproved vending including the sale or resale of alcoholic beverages or drugs. Any attempt to enter with prohibited items is subject to confiscation and will be asked to leave.
- NO fighting or threatening behavior. Any person found fighting will be evicted from the conference without a refund.
- NO disorderly or disruptive behavior.
- Please adhere to the rules and regulations of the Kootenai County Fairgrounds.
- Any item that can be used as a means to disturb the peace, endanger the safety of the crowd, and/or inflict damage to people and goods is prohibited.